sábado, noviembre 29, 2003

Cosa de blogs y Return of the King

Acabo de agregar un blog al menu de la mano derecha, inagurando así la sección llamada "Otros Blogs" donde encontrarán blogs afines a de su servidor. Por lo pronto solo he encontrado este que a los que busquen información en TlacuiloPilo también la puedan encontrar con el compañero Giovanni en su blog.

Strider is coming!

By the way, the big day to the opening of the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is coming ever nearer. I've been reading the book like a mad man, because is both interesting and the same time I have this urge to go see the flick knowingly what's going to happen. For those people that haven't read the book, you really need to check it out. I never imagine the day I would say (write) this... but I can tell you this: Reading is better than seeing it. I don't know why, but when I'm reading chapter after chapter, the movie-like images come to my mind, and maybe even better because I don't have to waste zillions of dollars in special effects when I can have all the effects and stuff in my own mind.

Anyway, I have several favorite parts. But to make it short, I like when Éowyn is standing in front of the lord of the Nazgûl who is aboard his beast while Merry is crawling in the field, and Théoden King lies in the floor next to his horse. Of course in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields chapter in RotK. The other one it's in the same chapter, but almost to the end, when Eomer, now King of the Mark, is fighting apparently useless against the host of Mordor and the Southrons when the "corsairs" arrive from the west through the Anduin River. Eomer is determined to fight till death, yet in Men's darkest moment of the battle Aragorn arrives aboard the ships carrying his banner. When the banner is displayed with its tree, stars and all that, that's the best final part of the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.